Saturday, August 4, 2012

BDS Day 4 and Extreme Makeover: Weight loss edition

Today is day 4 of the Beck Diet Solution.  Yesterday I did pretty well and I'm going to practice today's task by giving myself credit.  I had a particularly bad day at work and on my way home I bought the ultimate bad thing, "Phillies Graham Slam" ice cream by Turkey Hill.
This could have been a disaster and I definitely ate more than I should, but that was the only food I used as comfort yesterday when honestly I could have eaten every snack in my desk or every candy bar in the vending machine.  I think considering what my history is with bad days I did pretty well and did not get completely off track.  I even exercised when I got home although it was like torture because I did NOT want to do it, but did it anyway.

So today's task is to give myself credit which I'm not very good at and I'm trying to be better at, hence the earned reward for last week.  It was not a "perfect" week, but it was still good and definitely on the right track.  I'm not going to be perfect, but trying my best is all I can ask of myself.

Last night I watched Extreme Makeover: weight loss edition and I must have cried at least 4 times during the show.  The girl on it lost over 200lbs. in just one year.  It made me think about how in 10 years I can't loose 150 lbs.  But I did lose 75 and then gained some of that back, but I still have maintained a weight loss of over 50lbs. and that's nothing to scoff at.  Again, I need to give myself credit for what I have done in order to continue to feel good about doing it.  Watching her transformation over the course of a year was amazing, she was a completely different person both inside and out.  I want that to be me so bad.  I know that losing that amount of weight is not possible or even healthy for me.  The girl on the show quit her job in order to devote her whole life to losing weight and I just can't do that (though I really wish I could).  And I want to be able to maintain my weight loss, so slow and steady it is for me.  Which, I'll take slow, as long as it's steady!

No comments:

Post a Comment