Friday, August 3, 2012

Week 3 Reward, BDS Day 3

Well here I am ending week 3 of my newest installment of my ongoing WLJ.  Though this week was by no means perfect, I decided that I needed to reward myself for the behaviors that I did change.  For example, I tracked everything (except last Saturday).  I could have easily been derailed at the beginning of the week when on Monday I ate a 20 PP crab cake (yikes!).  But I have been staying on track, earning AP's, and following the plan as best to my ability.  So I rewarded myself because those are all amazing things!  This weeks reward was going to be a Cosmo magazine, but Wegman's doesn't sell them so instead I got these two:

I never buy myself magazines so this is a real treat and I'm totally looking forward to reading them.  I'm also looking forward to picking next week's reward as I will totally earn that one as well.  WI will be on Monday again as G and I are going to Philly overnight on Saturday and I will not make the 9am meeting on Sunday.  But whatever the results are I will be happy because I know that I am doing what I can do.

Now I came to a realization when I was reading BDS Day 3.  This day challenges you to eat while sitting down.  At first I thought "Done!  I always eat my meals and snacks sitting down."  You see, I love to eat and I can't really enjoy it enough if I'm standing, so my meals are always eaten while sitting down, always.

However, I read on and she asked if you ever grab something from the fridge or the pantry, swipe bites while you're cooking, etc.  And I thought, "duh, yeah I totally do that."  Now her method is to change your thoughts and this behavior does not always have a thought preceeding it.  It's more of an action that has developed overtime and is done pretty mindlessly.  So I wrote myself a response card that says something to the effect of:

Action:  Eating something while standing up.
Response: Odds are this is not a healthy choice.  If I am hungry for a snack I can look at my remaining PP's and see what is available.  Then I will eat that snack sitting down.

It is the truth.  I am a person who will take a couple of chips out of the bag when I'm packing my lunch and eat them, or grab a cracker or 2 (or 10) from the box and eat them standing up in the kitchen.  I will definitely break myself of this habit because it is a bad one!

In other news, this weekend G and I are spending the night in Philly, just because.  I'm super pumped because our hotel room has a jacuzzi tub.  We're going to dinner at Hawthorne's which I've been dying to do, and then going out in Old City.  I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment